About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Darryll and I live in Pullman, Washington with my wife and two kids. I'm a licensed Architect and am employed as a Project Manager at Washington State University. In addition, I have my own business doing residential designs in the greater Palouse area. I am a self-taught pianist, song-writer and singer and am involved in the music department at my local church.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nothing to do with the '70s - Check out our new van!

Ok - I gotta admit that I REALLY wish I were showing you pictures of my new Corvette – only problem is – I don’t have a new Corvette (that’ll be after I win the lottery, which I don’t play, so…) but we do have a new van. I know I blogged about this a couple of weeks ago, but now I've washed and waxed it down to the finest detail.


We have a disabled son so we have a handicap accessible van. Our ’99 Windstar was totaled recently so we had to buy a new one… we weren’t planning on it… but it was blessing in disguise. The insurance company not only compensated for the handicap conversion, they actually paid us much more than we expected. How often does that happen?


So – we have a 2008 Toyota Sienna, all the way from Michigan. The company buys lease returns (about 30K miles) and does the conversion. This brings it “down to the 28 – 32K range. Still very expensive, but a new one with the conversion will fun you 45 – 50K.


Anyway – I spent all day Sunday washing and waxing every square inch of our new van. I took some pics and decided to show it off. We’re excited because we’re taking our first road trip this weekend and are looking forward to the nice quiet ride and all the nice luxuries it has.


Anyway – hope you all have a great Memorial Day Weekend – and remember to say a prayer of thanks to God for all those who have fought and died to ensure our freedom!

6 comments:

joe said...

Nice van, Darryll. Congrats (c:

LaraAnn said...

I hope that you have some great trips in that nice new van of yours. It certainly is good that the insurance company gave you more than you expected.

Marissa said...

I like that showroom shine! Have a great weekend and I'll definitely say a prayer for our fallen troops as well as those currently serving.

Ally said...

I'm so sorry to hear your van was totaled, though congrats on the new wheels. As you said, it's not very often one is given something better than expected after an accident. Drive it in the best of health.


I know I've been blog slacking, I've been working on-site freelance and haven't had much time these days on top of my other writing and online PR I'm now doing... forgive me :(

Anonymous said...

That is a sharp looking van. I LOVE road trips!!

My BFF in school growing up had muscular dystrophy and his family had a van for his chair. They wanted us to go to the same college so I could drive us to school every day, but we both got scholarships to diff schools.

Have a super fun weekend and drive carefully!!!

Marissa said...

I left a comment previously, but it might have gotten eaten up by your spam filter.

Anyway - again, I love that showroom shine on the van! lol