About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Darryll and I live in Pullman, Washington with my wife and two kids. I'm a licensed Architect and am employed as a Project Manager at Washington State University. In addition, I have my own business doing residential designs in the greater Palouse area. I am a self-taught pianist, song-writer and singer and am involved in the music department at my local church.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Memories - The Snow


I am an old fashioned kind of guy. My ultimate Christmas dream would be that the whole family arrives for the days festivities and then the snow starts – or really starts to come down.


We have a huge stockpile of wood in the living room and the fire is roaring. There’s talking, laughing and maybe even singing at the piano. There’d be a lot of hot chocolate, cookies, great food and lots of treats.


There’d be a mandatory pick-up game of snow-football, or at least a huge snowball fight, with a time of warming up in front of the roaring fire with the whole family.


I guess that all I’m saying is that it doesn’t seem like Christmas without snow. Where I grew up there was a definite lack of snow. I probably remember only a half a dozen that had any measurable snow at all. The Seattle area is great for a lot of reasons, but having lots of snow is not one of those things. I now live in Eastern Washington and we have a lot of snow here… definitely more white Christmas’s than not – and we get some good cold single digit weather, too. Really makes it feel like Christmas! Here's some pics from my place last Christmas


So – as Christmas is fast approaching, do you get to have a white one? Or –did you have some great white Christmas’s growing up?

2 comments:

Tom Rupe said...

We'll definately have a White Christmas this year, here in Northern Ohio.

We caught the far Western edge of the Huge Blizzard that just hit the Eastern Seaboard. Only 2 inches here, but more on the way later in the week and colder temps. Bah Humbug! Just a dusting on Christmas Eve And Morning would suit me fine!

Hairball T. Hairball said...

Well, we had a freak storm earlier this month where we got about an inch. I really don't think that will happen again in time for Christmas, so I'll just stare wistfully at your snow pics. :)

As for the 70s, maybe two or three times we had a little snow at Christmas. Hairballville and my hometown are both too far south for the white stuff to make regular appearances.