About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Darryll and I live in Pullman, Washington with my wife and two kids. I'm a licensed Architect and am employed as a Project Manager at Washington State University. In addition, I have my own business doing residential designs in the greater Palouse area. I am a self-taught pianist, song-writer and singer and am involved in the music department at my local church.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Post Thanksgiving Thanks!

I am very thankful that I have some great memories of Thanksgiving. I am very thankful that I have an awesome family and that we enjoy all getting together on Thanksgiving to celebrate and express our love and thankfulness for each other.


Growing up, Thanksgiving was kind of like the beginning of the magical time of Holidays. Well – maybe it started with Halloween.
While Halloween meant that we cut out jack-o-lanterns and d
ress up, Thanksgiving meant that we got to cut out things in construction paper, glue together all sorts of fun things, do drawings and build forts. We got to dress up like Pilgrims and Indians. We got to talk about corn, maze, turkeys, stuffing, etc. We got to learn all about the Mayflower, Nina and the Pinta. We got to pretend that we were at Plymouth Rock and having dinner with our new found friends, the Indians.


And of course, Christmas is now on the horizon!


It was a simple time – and when you’re a kid, simple times and simple things are all you need – that and your imagination.


I know this is all after the fact; I took a few days off at Thanksgiving and now I’m catching up. I do love the holidays and all that they represent. I am very thankful for all that God has given me… health, family, fun, love and laughter. I’ll get back to the ‘70s next time. I trust that you all had a great Thanksgiving will have a wonderful time in the next few weeks of family time.

1 comment:

Hairball T. Hairball said...

While reading your post, I had a flashback of tracing my hand on colored construction paper to make a turkey! *grins*