About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Darryll and I live in Pullman, Washington with my wife and two kids. I'm a licensed Architect and am employed as a Project Manager at Washington State University. In addition, I have my own business doing residential designs in the greater Palouse area. I am a self-taught pianist, song-writer and singer and am involved in the music department at my local church.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Departure...

Hi, please indulge my little departure here - 

So - we all have our little places we blog from.  If you're on a laptop. it could be most anywhere, but if you're "tied down" like me, it's at your desk at your computer.  Mind you - I am not complaining - we just moved into a new home and I have a pretty nice office in which I conduct my side business.  This is also where I dream up and - for lack of better terms - spew out the the thoughts that cross my mind for this little blog.

OK - so it's not in this bad of shape...
Paying for a new home means you don't really have the money for other new things - like furniture!  We have one 20 year old little couch in our huge new living room.  Again - I'm not complaining, - we will buy furninture for the house as we can, and we're very thankful for our home.

... an it's not quite this ugly...
What this is all leading to is that National Business Furniture - whose products I spec in my "real job" as an Architect - is having a new chair giveaway offering to replace the person who enters a picture of their chair that they feel needs to be replaced because it's on its way out.

So - I'm asking that if you are on Facebook to please take a minute and vote for me.  You can click here and it will take you right to a page that shows my chair, tells its story and lets you vote.  You vote by hitting the little "like" word on the bottom of the post. (You may have to "like" the NFB site, too - I've heard)

Anyway - If you can spare a few minutes, I'd sure appreciate it.  The contest ends on the 28th.  Thank you so much!

4 comments:

John Going Gently said...

great blog...just came across it!

Blast from the Past said...

Thanks, John!
Welcome aboard! :)

Marissa said...

I went to Like your chair, but apparently I'm on the Late Freight. It ended the 28th?

Blast from the Past said...

Thanks for trying, Marissa - see my latest post! :)